Welcome to the E-Blah Community!
We would like to welcome you to our community and invite you to register an account or login.
Being a registered member is important, as it gives you several advantages over the normal Guest status. After registering you will be able to download files and images, post messages, and access member-only portions of the forum - just to name a few. Registration is quick and simple, and only takes about a minute of your time.

E-Blah Community    Technical Support    Forum Support  ›  validate member
Users Browsing Forum
Georgecpy and 27 Guests

validate member  This thread currently has 1,512 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
disciple_maker
November 8, 2002, 8:11am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
E-Blah Member
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Hi everyone,

I updated the boards with the new version (2.4). I had a couple of test members and one member who I had given admin rights to (the owner of the website I am redesigning) This morning he emailed me and said he got this message when he tried to log on.

"Your membership to these forums have not been validated, or your account has been disabled. You should have received an e-mail with validation steps."

I have never received an e-mail with validation steps for the test members I have entered and I know that the owners account was their last night because I viewed after the update in the view members function of admin.

Any idea what happened or why neither of us have ever received and email with validation step?

thanks

Rick
Soli Deo Gloria
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message
Justin
November 8, 2002, 3:25pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

The E-Blah Developer
E-Blah Programmer
Posts Per Day: 2.44
Reputation Score: +307 / -22
Time Online: 39 days 5 hours 58 minutes
Turn off validation. To use validation, you must have the correct password.

Change "Registration Access" to this: "Allow immediate access."

That'll fix it for you so you can add new members. This isn't a 2.4 error, nor is it a bug, just a user error.

- Justin

My Websites: Revolution Reality (My Blog)  | Portfolio

"But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness." — Psalm 86:15 NIV
Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

E-Blah Community    Technical Support    Forum Support  ›  validate member