Welcome to the E-Blah Community!
We would like to welcome you to our community and invite you to register an account or login.
Being a registered member is important, as it gives you several advantages over the normal Guest status. After registering you will be able to download files and images, post messages, and access member-only portions of the forum - just to name a few. Registration is quick and simple, and only takes about a minute of your time.

E-Blah Community    Technical Support    Question and Answer  ›  Change the font size for sub-category description
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

Change the font size for sub-category description  This thread currently has 737 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
nowhere girl
November 8, 2009, 7:50am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
E-Blah Member
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Time Online: 1 days 38 minutes
E-Blah version: 10.1

I edited the theme to change some things to make the font size larger, change colours etc but that was years ago and I can't recall what file or what part of it I edited. Now I want to add a new sub-category but the font size for the descriptions wouldn't match the one for the main categories. Can anybody help me fix this? My forum is specifically designed for the women who have been touched by breast cancer and the users are posting the photos of their reconstructed breast etc. So while I understand that the link to my forum is helpful, I can't post it publicly. If you can't help me without looking at my forum, please PM me. The theme for my forum is called "Blue Professional" which I downloaded years ago, if that matters.

Thank you in advance,
Nowhere Girl
Private Message Private message
Martin
November 8, 2009, 1:54pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
You probably added the code in the actual description, check one of the other sub cats from earlier.
Reply: 1 - 4
nowhere girl
November 8, 2009, 5:00pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
E-Blah Member
Thank you for your response Martin but we have never had any sub cats. We have only had several main boards under a few root cats since the start and this is the first time for me to try sub cats. And how can you add the code to change the font size in the actual descriptions? I added the descriptions via the admin panel (specifically in the section called Edit Boards and Categories). I just added a code to see what would happen (added the code<b> in one of the actual description for one main board) but it showed up as it was and didn't work to change the font style??? I guess I have to do something with the "Main Template" or the "Main CSS Template" in the section called "Theme Editor" but don't know what I should do.
Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 4
Martin
November 8, 2009, 5:22pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
You need to use blah code not html

For example:

Code
[b][color=red][size=12]Your Description[/size][/color][/b]

will give you BOLD color RED and font size of 12

Your Description

Code
[i][color=blue][size=16]Your Description[/size][/color][/i]

will give you ITALIC color BLUE and font size 16

Your Description
Reply: 3 - 4
nowhere girl
November 8, 2009, 5:33pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
E-Blah Member
Thanks again Martin for your quick response.   I did and it worked, although there were no codes in the actual descriptions. I am still guessing it was either Main Templete or Main CSS Template. Maybe I will try to change the font size for a new sub-cat the way you mentioned because it seems much easier.
Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

E-Blah Community    Technical Support    Question and Answer  ›  Change the font size for sub-category description

Thread Tags
change,  i,  font,  size,  breast,  forum,  theme,  years