Welcome to the E-Blah Community!
We would like to welcome you to our community and invite you to register an account or login.
Being a registered member is important, as it gives you several advantages over the normal Guest status. After registering you will be able to download files and images, post messages, and access member-only portions of the forum - just to name a few. Registration is quick and simple, and only takes about a minute of your time.

E-Blah Community    Modifications    E-Blah 10.x Mods  ›  Check File Permissions Mod
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 4 Guests

Check File Permissions Mod  This thread currently has 1,477 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
evixion
December 9, 2009, 10:40am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Web Developer for Hire
Forum Moderation
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Reputation Score: +6 / -0
Time Online: 7 days 3 hours 55 minutes
This modification will check the permissions of the select files and directories vital to E-Blah.

There are 4 files, each with a different purpose. There are two types with one including the PERL Info mod and one that installs if you have the PERL Info mod installed. See http://www.eblah.com/forum/m-1249940135.51962/ for the original post.

• checkfilepermissionsallversions_4222.zip is all the mods with all the different types.
  • checkfilepermissionsandperlinfo_8654.zip is the mod with the PERL Info mod.
  • checkfilepermissionsperlinfoinstalled_4779.zip is the mod if you have PERL Info already installed.
  • checkfilepermissions_1841.zip is just the mod by itself.

I know all that may seem confusing but I tried to cover all bases. This mod worked on my forums and my test forums. Hopefully it will work for you also. If it seems to install and appear how it works in my screenshot, let me know. I know a way to get around it if it incorrectly formats.

EDIT: I did fix it and if it doesn't format for everyone, I'll release version 2.

Below is the install.txt. I want to include that just in case I missed something when writing it.

--------------

----------------------------------------
* Mod Information
Mod Name     :     Check File Permissions Mod
Author          :     Travis/evixion
Contact          :     sansomnator@gmail.com
Description     :     

* This modification will check the permissions of the select files and directories vital to E-Blah.
* These permissions were taken from http://www.blahdocs.com/Performing_a_new_installation_of_E-Blah

License          :     http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html          

* File Descriptions

There are 3 files for 3 seperate types of installation.

Filename     : CheckFilePermissions.v2m
Description     : This file installs just the mod.

Filename     : CheckFilePermissionsPERLInfoinstalled.v2m
Description     : This file installs the mod if you have my PERL Info mod installed also.

Filename     : CheckFilePermissionsANDPERLInfo.v2m
Description     : This file installs the mod along with the PERL Info mod.

* Installation Instructions

* FTP Instructions

* Step 1: Login to your server VIA FTP
* Step 2: Locate your forums mod directory
* Step 3: Upload the appropriate mod in ASCII mode
* Step 4: Login to your account on your forums
* Step 5: Navigate to your mod center (yourdomain.com/location_of_eblah/Blah.pl?v-admin/a-sourcemod/)
* Step 6: Find the appropriate mod name and click "Test Install"
* Step 7: If everything will install correctly (scroll down to the bottom of the page) and continue with the install
* Step 8: Success! Your mod is installed. It will appear under the "Forum Maintenance" section.

* Direct Installtion

* Step 1: Open the mod you want to install with notepad
* Step 2: Select all the code and copy it (Control + A, then Control + C on Windows)
* Step 3: Login to your account on your forums
* Step 4: Navigate to your mod center (yourdomain.com/location_of_eblah/Blah.pl?v-admin/a-sourcemod/)
* Step 5: Paste the code into the textbox at the bottom of the mod center and press "Save"
* Step 6: Find the appropriate mod name and click "Test Install"
* Step 7: If everything will install correctly (scroll down to the bottom of the page) and continue with the install
* Step 8: Success! Your mod is installed. It will appear under the "Forum Maintenance" section.

Revision History (1 edits)
evixion  -  December 9, 2009, 10:51am
Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

E-Blah Community    Modifications    E-Blah 10.x Mods  ›  Check File Permissions Mod

Thread Tags