Welcome to the E-Blah Community!
We would like to welcome you to our community and invite you to register an account or login.
Being a registered member is important, as it gives you several advantages over the normal Guest status. After registering you will be able to download files and images, post messages, and access member-only portions of the forum - just to name a few. Registration is quick and simple, and only takes about a minute of your time.

E-Blah Community    Technical Support    Question and Answer  ›  Which web host?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Which web host?  This thread currently has 1,039 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
borisj
November 9, 2010, 6:01am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
E-Blah Member
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Time Online: 11 minutes
I have experience of SEO and building websites (bit rusty now though), but I've never used EBLAH before. Which web host would you recommend?

I'm looking for a host with UK servers because I've been roped in to help develop a Martial Arts website & community for my local area, and they are keep to target Google UK. A friend recommended Heart Internet to me and I've had a look at the web hosting page but to be honest I'm not sure what I need.

This is the page I'm looking at, what's the cheapest plan I can get away with? - http://www.heartinternet.co.uk/web-hosting/

They don't mind upgrading later on if it's successful, but at the moment their budget is quite tight.

Thanks in advance.

Boris J
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message
impished
November 9, 2010, 6:28am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Forum Moderation
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Reputation Score: +3 / -0
Time Online: 2 days 15 hours 7 minutes
You won't hear much Heartinternet love on here, TBH.
IMHO, I've used them for about 3 years now and recently they've been bullet-proof.

Please make sure you understand that the official developers/maintainers of this software have declared that they have abandoned this project.  It may only be a matter of time before this site is closed and all support will be lost.
Shame, as I've really found Eblah to be rock-solid.
Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 8
borisj
November 9, 2010, 6:32am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
E-Blah Member
Time Online: 11 minutes
Oh, thanks for the information. Perhaps I am best off looking into vBulletin instead then?

What do you mean 'bullet-proof'?

Boris J
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 8
unclejack
November 9, 2010, 6:37pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

E-Blah Member
Reputation Score: +5 / -0
Time Online: 5 days 6 hours 42 minutes
Quoted from impished
IMHO, I've used them for about 3 years now and recently they've been bullet-proof.

I must agree - I've had problems in the past but they have become far more reliable over the last 12 months

eBlah version 10.3.5  - http://www.maxwellshouse.co.uk
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 8
Nat
November 13, 2010, 8:20pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Here to help
Administrator
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Reputation Score: +41 / -6
Time Online: 3 days 15 hours 31 minutes
Heart go some knock backs here, but as users will have noted I have always stood by them. This script does have some issues, and some people blamed heart for the problems. Alas that was not the case.

I still use heart, and have not had any major issues

"Thats the way the mop flops"
Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 8
Stan
October 22, 2011, 7:12am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
E-Blah Member
Time Online: 1 hours 21 minutes
Quoted from Nat
Heart go some knock backs here, but as users will have noted I have always stood by them. This script does have some issues, and some people blamed heart for the problems. Alas that was not the case.

I still use heart, and have not had any major issues

IMHO. you would find mixed opinions about a particular service provider. Some may find them extra-ordinary while some may boil-up uttering their names. More important is to do enough research you choose a host. Talking about heartinternet then they have a pretty fair reputation in the Industry and can be considered to be a reliable option.
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 5 - 8
Justin
October 22, 2011, 12:16pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

The E-Blah Developer
E-Blah Programmer
Posts Per Day: 2.69
Reputation Score: +307 / -22
Time Online: 39 days 5 hours 29 minutes
Quoted from impished

Heart has been a great host for a number of people. Moreover, they have supported E-Blah over the years with easy E-Blah install packages. There's been no hate here...

Quoted from impished
Please make sure you understand that the official developers/maintainers of this software have declared that they have abandoned this project.  It may only be a matter of time before this site is closed and all support will be lost.
Shame, as I've really found Eblah to be rock-solid.

As I've said in the past -- this site is, as long as I'm around, not going away. I don't have the time to work on E-Blah, but the site, support, nor code are going anywhere. Moreover, the code is all on GitHub now, so even the project isn't really dead (I even did a few bug fixes yesterday!)...

My Websites: Revolution Reality (My Blog)  | Portfolio

"But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness." — Psalm 86:15 NIV
Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Reply: 6 - 8
impished
October 23, 2011, 10:46am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Forum Moderation
Reputation Score: +3 / -0
Time Online: 2 days 15 hours 7 minutes
Blimey Justin, yuo catching up a bit this weekend

I still like E-Blah, and am extremely happy to see this site is still offering support.  I do try to help a bit too
Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Reply: 7 - 8
toomuchforkids.co.uk Forum
October 24, 2011, 2:05pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Visit toomuchforkids.co.uk
E-Blah Member
Time Online: 2 hours 42 minutes
I'll try not to boast or advertise here.

But I am starting my own hosting business that supports
PHP, Perl, MySQL, unlimitedbandwith. Subdomains, HTTP and HTTPS and then some.

I also will be supporting eblah as I have never used such a good forum software in my life.

So I'm more than willing to hand out free hosting to Eblah Community members proving they agree with the TOS I provide.
It will be free for the first year then it will be a very cute £20 every two years. Which is cheaper than heartinternets lowest package.

Drop me a PM and I can have you sorted in 6hours.
Of course you will need to purchase the domain yourself.

I hope my hosting proves useful!

I will also support Wordpress too!

If any operators disagree with my reply please tell me!
Thanks,
Thomas Edwards
CEO of ilkotech.co.uk
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

E-Blah Community    Technical Support    Question and Answer  ›  Which web host?

Thread Tags
host,  web,  i,  page