Welcome to the E-Blah Community!
We would like to welcome you to our community and invite you to register an account or login.
Being a registered member is important, as it gives you several advantages over the normal Guest status. After registering you will be able to download files and images, post messages, and access member-only portions of the forum - just to name a few. Registration is quick and simple, and only takes about a minute of your time.

E-Blah Community    Technical Support    Forum Support  ›  Please help, variety of mishaps...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 9 Guests

Please help, variety of mishaps...  This thread currently has 739 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
GothyBeans
October 23, 2011, 5:34pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
E-Blah Member
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Time Online: 4 hours 19 minutes
Installation is 10.3.6 - http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/forum/Blah.pl?
I didn't install it, and the folder structure appears to be different to the current version 1.3.6 downloadable from eblah.com, so I'm a bit confused. I've never tried to do anything with eblah before, but I have with phpbb, etc. so I only of understand how some of it works.

Right now we have I problems that:
1. Post formatting (bold, quotes, italic) do nothing when pressed for anyone. Neither do smilies. Both work when manually typed into the box.
2. Topics have stopped sending email updates to subscribers properly.
Quoted Text
The biggest one I have encountered is the links in the email alerts not working -

Not Found

The requested URL /cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl was not found on this server.

3. We have a lot of existing posts and members so I don't want to break anything.
4. I've been asked to add some skin options but I don't know quite how this install is structured.

I would like to work out 1 and 2 as a priority, but I'm afraid I can't give FTP access to anyone willing to help, as it's not my website.. I can follow instructions and post screen grabs though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And the story goes on... ...forever.
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message
GothyBeans
October 24, 2011, 12:43am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
E-Blah Member
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Time Online: 4 hours 19 minutes
It appears to be entirely installed in /public_html, so an automated install...?

And the story goes on... ...forever.
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 2
kmawds
November 18, 2011, 6:01pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
E-Blah Member
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Time Online: 8 hours 41 minutes
I don't know if you are still having problems? I just did an install and as an example for demo to some one I put it in a folder in my workds domain - it all worked fine and we agreed to go ahead. I bought the domain and web space at the same host we use. Installed the forum and it didn't work, tried again, didn't work. I ended up putting it in a folder and it worked fine, all from the same auto installation. Seems to be a problem if you install as /public_html. So I did a html landing page and make people click into the forum.
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

E-Blah Community    Technical Support    Forum Support  ›  Please help, variety of mishaps...

Thread Tags
i,  email,  install,  work,  post