Welcome to the E-Blah Community!
We would like to welcome you to our community and invite you to register an account or login.
Being a registered member is important, as it gives you several advantages over the normal Guest status. After registering you will be able to download files and images, post messages, and access member-only portions of the forum - just to name a few. Registration is quick and simple, and only takes about a minute of your time.

E-Blah Community    Technical Support    Forum Support  ›  Category repeating
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Category repeating  This thread currently has 376 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
kmawds
November 18, 2011, 8:19am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
E-Blah Member
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Time Online: 8 hours 41 minutes
Hi

I have installed eblah and the forum is about 2 weeks old with about 12 members, about another 30 are yet to register. There are a few categories set up and posts are going OK.

What happened was I had a category repeat at the bottom of the list so it would look like:

So I went into admin and moved board five up one level, this resulted in:

so I rebuilt the forum, no change. Then I tried moving the boards within category 5 around and they multiplied!! at the second attempt it went out of control and created thousands of board entries. I had to give up and delete the category and boards. Created a new category named differently just in case and added the boards back in. Lost those few posts though in there.

1) any ideas on what when wrong?
2) can I delete these boards but retain the posts to add back in?
3) will/can it happen again

I don/t want to get a year in and have all the posts/links/images lost.

This may need moving to the bugs board.

installed E-Blah Forum Software 10.3.6
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

E-Blah Community    Technical Support    Forum Support  ›  Category repeating

Thread Tags
i,  category,  board,  created,  boards,  posts,  delete,  back,  moving,  forum