Print Topic - Archive

E-Blah Community  /  News  /  E-Blah 10.3.6 Released
Posted by: Justin, August 9, 2008, 4:33pm
E-Blah 10.3.6 was released today.  There were several fixes in this version along with new or updated features.

The following is a quick listing of the new features in E-Blah 10.3.6:

- Administrators can now resend the e-mail verify e-mail
- Google charts are now used for the stats
- <meta name="keywords" content="<blah v="$threadtags">" /> can be added for thread tags
- Autotagging has been added
- Page links are now done correctly for the PM boxes
- Fixed some XHTML issues

As always, you should upgrade to the latest version both for forum stability and for better community support.

Download Now
Posted by: redeemedsheep, August 9, 2008, 7:53pm; Reply: 1
Since I had you install it for me the first time, I'm hesitating to upgrade. The last thing I want is a broken forum with 300 homeschooling moms mad at me!  ;) Are these the instructions to follow even though it's written for a different update?

http://www.blahdocs.com/Upgrading_your_E-Blah_forum

edit: I looked at the instructions again. I'm not too proud to admit it, I'm way to chicken to try. :P
Posted by: Justin, August 9, 2008, 8:02pm; Reply: 2
Yeah, you should be fine if you just upload the new Code and Language directories.  :)  I don't think Blah.pl needs uploading this go around.
Posted by: redeemedsheep, August 9, 2008, 8:11pm; Reply: 3
That's it? Just move those two folders over?

edit: I looked at the folders and my heart starts beating right outa my chest. I'm too chicken. Maybe in a day or two I will look again...
Posted by: Justin, August 10, 2008, 12:01am; Reply: 4
Let me know if you need any help.  :)
Posted by: redeemedsheep, August 10, 2008, 4:55am; Reply: 5
I just now noticed on the admin part of my forum that you do upgrades. (You need a Doh smilie :) ) I'll talk to Kelly and see if we can hire you to do it. :) She's in charge of the finances of The Swap.
Posted by: Apollo, August 10, 2008, 6:55am; Reply: 6
Has the correct version of the 10.3.6 upgrade been released?

I now have a E-Blah 10.3.6 Nightly [!DATE!] ident for the version, and seem to have lost the intermediate list of Main section jumps that was offered after selecting Forum Settings from the Administrator Control Panel, and it now goes straight to the long listing of all the option on one page, with no choice of sub-sections.
Posted by: Justin, August 10, 2008, 10:24am; Reply: 7
If you click "Save" it should fix that.  It's there because there were new settings that need their default values set.  :)

If you want to remove the nightly warning, redownload.  I had meant to remove that but somehow forgot.   :(
Posted by: iCONICA, August 10, 2008, 12:11pm; Reply: 8
Justin, is there a list of the exact files in the code folder which have changed?

Most of the pl files in my code directory have modifications other than the eblah mods, some E-Blah mods also have been installed.

I'm presuming if I just copy over the files i'd lose all my mods. Would that mean I'd have to do all the mods again to the new files? Or if that's not possible, I can never upgrade again? :(
Posted by: Apollo, August 10, 2008, 3:02pm; Reply: 9
Thanks for the update Justin.

Followed your advice, and all is now well and as expected again :)
Posted by: Justin, August 10, 2008, 3:03pm; Reply: 10
If they are mods that you can install form Source Code Mod, they may work.  There wasn't a major overhaul of anything, so things should still work fairly the same, though some modifications may not work.
Posted by: marie2rob, August 10, 2008, 3:29pm; Reply: 11
Hi :-)

I did the update and the did it the way it's posted on blahdocs and everything went just fine.  I have 5 different themes for people to choose from and a lot of modification done and I didn't lost any of that.

The ONLY thing I lost was the Live Chat room and I don't know how to get it back since it won't uninstall correctly now.  Any ideas???

Thanks in advance for a wonderful forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: pcmantinker, August 10, 2008, 8:49pm; Reply: 12
Delete the .installed file for the live chat mod. That tells E-Blah whether a mod is installed or not.
Posted by: marie2rob, August 11, 2008, 9:59am; Reply: 13
Hi pcmantinker  :)

Thank you so much!!! That did the trick  ;D
Posted by: pcmantinker, August 11, 2008, 7:08pm; Reply: 14
I'm glad you got it working. :)
Posted by: BattleMage, August 12, 2008, 7:17am; Reply: 15
A technical ChangeLog (e.g diff) would be useful, espacially for the translators.
Posted by: iCONICA, August 12, 2008, 4:21pm; Reply: 16
I meant small mods I've made to the code myself. I'll presume that I'll simply have to re-do all those...  :'(

Thanks though!
Posted by: cyberface, August 22, 2008, 11:22am; Reply: 17
Great work as usual guys.

I have some french members and they say that some of their special characters are showing up as some sort of symbols now. How do I fix that?
Posted by: cyberface, August 27, 2008, 8:08pm; Reply: 18
Some users have noted  a change in the way forum shows off the time for which each member has been logged in for.
It used to show only the amount of time they were on for but now it shows the date and time they logged in period. They would like it back to the way it was. how can I do that?
Posted by: Ronymon, August 27, 2008, 9:15pm; Reply: 19
Just Upgraded :) Thanks
Posted by: Justin, August 28, 2008, 4:28pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from cyberface
Some users have noted  a change in the way forum shows off the time for which each member has been logged in for.
It used to show only the amount of time they were on for but now it shows the date and time they logged in period. They would like it back to the way it was. how can I do that?

Nothing like this was changed in 10.3.6, that I remember.
Posted by: cyberface, August 28, 2008, 7:56pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Justin

Nothing like this was changed in 10.3.6, that I remember.

I upgraded from 10.2.x
Posted by: Justin, August 29, 2008, 10:18pm; Reply: 22
Give a screen shot, I'm pretty sure I've not changed any of that since a long, long time ago.
Posted by: cyberface, August 30, 2008, 10:07am; Reply: 23
here ya go
Posted by: iCONICA, August 30, 2008, 10:55am; Reply: 24
If you mean the 120 Minutes thing. You can change that in settings, It takes data from that period. Some newer forums find it useful to increase that to a very high number, Makes it seem like the forum is busier than it actually is...

Eblah.com has it set to the default 10 minutes...
Posted by: cyberface, August 31, 2008, 8:12am; Reply: 25
no, not talking about the 120 min thing.

I am referring to the information that pops up when you hover over a users name.
Posted by: Justin, August 31, 2008, 12:58pm; Reply: 26
That's always showed that.  It's not been changed in years.
Posted by: cyberface, September 1, 2008, 11:14am; Reply: 27
hmmm

odd thing is I never noticed till it was mentioned to me
Print page generated: January 18, 2019, 3:37am