Print Topic - Archive

E-Blah Community  /  Forum Support  /  Please help, variety of mishaps...
Posted by: GothyBeans, October 23, 2011, 5:34pm
Installation is 10.3.6 - http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/forum/Blah.pl?
I didn't install it, and the folder structure appears to be different to the current version 1.3.6 downloadable from eblah.com, so I'm a bit confused. I've never tried to do anything with eblah before, but I have with phpbb, etc. so I only of understand how some of it works.

Right now we have I problems that:
1. Post formatting (bold, quotes, italic) do nothing when pressed for anyone. Neither do smilies. Both work when manually typed into the box.
2. Topics have stopped sending email updates to subscribers properly.
Quoted Text
The biggest one I have encountered is the links in the email alerts not working -

Not Found

The requested URL /cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl was not found on this server.

3. We have a lot of existing posts and members so I don't want to break anything.
4. I've been asked to add some skin options but I don't know quite how this install is structured.

I would like to work out 1 and 2 as a priority, but I'm afraid I can't give FTP access to anyone willing to help, as it's not my website.. I can follow instructions and post screen grabs though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted by: GothyBeans, October 24, 2011, 12:43am; Reply: 1
It appears to be entirely installed in /public_html, so an automated install...?
Posted by: kmawds, November 18, 2011, 6:01pm; Reply: 2
I don't know if you are still having problems? I just did an install and as an example for demo to some one I put it in a folder in my workds domain - it all worked fine and we agreed to go ahead. I bought the domain and web space at the same host we use. Installed the forum and it didn't work, tried again, didn't work. I ended up putting it in a folder and it worked fine, all from the same auto installation. Seems to be a problem if you install as /public_html. So I did a html landing page and make people click into the forum.
Print page generated: September 25, 2018, 3:07pm